Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Science and Naturalism

Wednesday, September 19th, I'll be giving a talk to kick off this season's Apologetics Guild luncheon series. We meet at the Red Lion on 3rd Street in Bend, with a salad bar catered by Black Bear Diner beginning at 11:45. I'll speak from 12:15 to 1:00, and will hang around to answer questions afterward.

My topic will be "Science and Naturalism." I intend to examine three questions with regard to the prevalent modern understanding of science as naturalistic. Is there historical justification for seeing science as naturalistic? Is there philosophical justification? Is there scientific justification?

If you're interested in attending, and are not on the Apologetics Guild email list, let me know (by email at rick@antiochchurch.org). Seating is limited to about 60 folks, and you'll need to reserve a spot. It would be great to have you there.

No comments: