Friday, January 7, 2011

Greek Peregrinations

With my buddy, amateur archaeologist and Kilns College Dean of Faculty, Mike Caba, I spent the first week of the new year wandering around Greece. This beautiful country is, of course, full of wonderful examples of ancient art and architecture, and we explored as much of that as we could in the 4 1/2 days we were there. But Greece is also full of New Testament history, and Mike dragged me all over the country to see first-hand some of the evidences that verify places, people, and dates in the life of the apostle Paul and others. We rode subways, taxis, and buses--as well as walking across Athens several times over--to get to Ancient Corinth, Delphi, Marathon, and Elefsina (home of an ancient mystery religion). From time to time, I'll post a bit more about this whirlwind trip and what we saw. Here's a pic of Mike and me at a rather impressive edifice they call the Parthenon.

No comments: