Monday, March 3, 2008

Wednesday Luncheon

I'll be speaking Wednesday at the luncheon meeting of the Bend Apologetics Guild. I'm looking forward to discussing the topic of Postmodernism. Postmodernism is the spirit of our age, and every one of us is daily bombarded with its empty philosophy--its self-refuring truth claims, its hypocritical morality, and such. Its influence is pervasive, and a big part of the reason that (according to a 2003 Barna survey)
Only 9% of born-again Christians have a consistent biblical worldview.
So, I'm looking forward to Wednesday and to scrutinizing some of the flawed aspects of Postmodern thinking. I'll have the opportunity to challenge some of my fellow followers of Christ to ...
not be taken captive by empty philosophy (Col. 2:8)
and
not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind (Rom. 12:2).

No comments: